Changing Your Home Address on Google Maps
Moving is no bed of roses. Very few people pack, unbox, forward their mail, and alter their major habits with some sort of joy. If you want this unpleasant stuff to feel easier, sort it all out in advance. The same goes for upgrading your address on Google Maps: change it as soon as possible.
The convenience of Google showing us the way home feels nice. But what if overhauling your new contacts feels too challenging? No worries, it’s actually easy when you get the hang of it. In this post, we’ll guide you through this process — and help you navigate to the right home in the long run.
Guide for Smartphone Google Maps Users
Looking to update your residence or office address in Google Maps? We’ve got you covered. Follow these effortless steps:
1. Tap your pic or initials in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Head to Settings, then Edit home or work.
3. Tab the kebab (3 vertical dots) menu near your current contacts.
4. Hit Edit home and specify your new address.
5. Hit Done, and you’re all set. Yes, it’s that easy!
Guide for Desktop Google Maps Users
Need to change your contacts in Google Maps? You’ve come to the right place. Follow these desktop-focused steps:
1. Head to Google Maps via your most preferred browser.
2. Hit on the side drawer menu in the upper right-hand corner.
3. Go to Your places > Labeled to remove your current contacts.
4. Specify your new address, and that’s about it. Equally easy!
Irrespective of the method you’ll opt for, updating your address on Google Maps is a piece of cake. You better do it, for there may be cases when you’ll desperately need some guidance back home. And while the home is always the sweetest place to be, getting away on occasion can also feel nice. Don’t forget to make the most of a multitude of Google services for planning your next trip.
What if It Doesn’t Work?
If you followed the steps described above and failed to change your address in Google Maps, here are the possible reasons why this may happen:
- you are signed out: you can alter your address only if you’re logged in, so change the situation and repeat the attempt once again;
- you’re not connected to the Internet: naturally, the service will temporarily die on you if your Internet connection leaves much to be desired;
- you’re using an outdated version of the app: update it and try again.
In case you’ve tried it all and still to no avail, the Google Maps app is probably going through a temporary glitch. Try restarting your smartphone. Alternatively, delete the app and install it again before giving it another go.
Customize Google Maps to Your Needs
Google Maps comes with a treasure trove of customization possibilities. It grants you the possibility to infuse the app with your home or office address in order to find directions to and from the major places in your life in the blink of an eye. On the whole, sorting this issue out is easier than you might expect.
Within just a few taps, you get the possibility to save your favorite locations and evaluate traffic data. If you’ve recently relocated, getting to grips with altering your home or office address in Google Maps is crucial for accessing relevant information and pinning the routes you need.
So, do you have your home contacts stored in the app? Are you fond of pinning your most preferred routes? Let us in on it in the comment box below. Get the discussion going and share your opinion with your fellow readers. We appreciate your feedback greatly. If you come across any questions related to the topic, feel free to ask them in the comments, as well. Don’t forget to bookmark this website for further news, updates, tips, and guides on similar topics.